Monday, March 31, 2014

When it rains (snows?), it pours!

Steve flew back to Nellis AFB on Friday evening, and we left Las Vegas on Saturday morning, March 29th, and drove 450 miles northeast to Salt Lake City.  What a long drive!

The next day, Sunday, we were all so tired that we slept until nearly 10:00 in the morning!  We had planned to get up and tour the Temple Square in Salt Lake City, but it was cold and rainy (plus we slept late) so we decided not to.

In the afternoon, the rain turned to snow!  And what a snow it was!  It was a warm snow, so it clumped together into great big flakes.  The kids were delighted.  Me?  Not so much.  I had to drive Steve back to the airport in that snow, and it was quite difficult!

As luck would have it, about two hours after taking Steve to the airport, I discovered a leak in a hose in our underbelly.  It was cold, it was snowing, it was dark, and I got water sprayed in my face.  At this point, I started to question why in the world we were doing this trip in the first place.  Life wasn't being kind to me.

After trying to do a patch job and realizing that it wasn't going to work, I placed two buckets underneath us to catch the water during the night, went to bed, and hoped for the best.

The next morning, Monday, I found a local camper repair shop and bought a replacement hose.  And yes, I fixed that leaky hose all by myself! Sometimes I amaze myself!

So the snow melted away, the sun came out, and our camper didn't leak anymore. Life was good again.